- Solo Class Open Meeting : Sunday 27th June
- Multi-Class Handicap Open Meeting : Sunday 18th July
- Merlin-Rocket Class Open Meeting : Saturday 16th October – Sunday 17th October
Special Club Events
- Club Championships : Sunday 6th June 12:30pm Start
- Founders Plate : Saturday 18th September 12:30pm Start
- Spring Pursuit Race : Sunday 16th May 1pm Start
- Summer Pursuit Race : Sunday 4th July 1pm Start
- Autumn Pursuit Race : Sunday 26th September 1pm Start
- Winter Pursuit Race : Sunday 21st November 1pm Start
Sundays : Club Racing
Sundays 4th April to 24th October 2021:
Slow Handicap fleet & Fast Handicap fleet 1.00pm
Sundays 31st October to 12th December 2021:
Slow Handicap fleet & Fast Handicap fleet 12.30pm
Three points races are scheduled to be sailed each Sunday. This is the start time of the first race.
- Start Up Series : 4th April – 25th April
- Late Spring Series : 2nd May – 30th May
- Summer Series : 13th June – 25th July
- August Series : 1st August – 29th August
- Autumn Series : 5th September – 31st October
- Winter Series : 7th November – 12th December
Wednesdays : Club Racing
Wednesday evenings 7th April to 1st September 2021:
Slow Handicap fleet & Fast Handicap fleet 7.00pm
This is the start time of the first race.
On Wednesdays in early April, late August and early September one race is scheduled to be sailed.
On Wednesdays between 28th April and 18th August two races will be sailed ‘back to back’ provided the OOD considers conditions to be suitable.
Please note that the sequence of the fleet starts for the second race may vary from that which was used in the first race.
- Equinox Series: 7th April – 16th June
- Solstice Series : 23rd June – 1st September
Friendly Fridays are currently suspended, due to COVID restrictions. Once the club feels that it is in a position to safely run these then the dates will be published and communicated to members.
Amending the Starting Sequence
For a particular series, the Sailing Committee may choose to introduce separate starts for different fleets.
This decision will be displayed both on the Sailing Committee noticeboard in the main clubroom and here on our website before the first race of any given series and, will apply to the whole series.
Starting for any subsequent series will revert to one Mass Start unless a further notification is posted.
The notification will include which Fleet board will be used to indicate that particular fleet’s start.
All races will be dually scored to give both Class results and Handicap results with the Handicap results being the combined results from the Slow Handicap fleet and the Fast Handicap fleet. Trophies will be awarded to the All Classes’ winner (i.e. the overall series winner as calculated using the PY Handicap system) in each of the club’s various series.
Please note that our Sailing Instructions (SI 14.10) state that the club trophies for the various classes (Merlin Rocket, GP14, Solo & Laser) will only be awarded if, at the end of each series, at least three boats have participated in at least one third of the races run in the series (rounded down).