Open Meetings & Training Events
- Freezer Open Meeting : Sunday 19th February
- RYA NW Junior Traveller : Saturday 13th May
- ICLA (Laser) Class Open Meeting : Sunday 14th May
- Solo Class Open Meeting : Sunday 18th June
- RYA NW Senior Traveller : Tuesday 27th June
- GP14 & Phantom Classes Open Meeting : Sunday 16th July
- Merlin-Rocket Class Open Meeting : Saturday 14th October – Sunday 15th October
Special Club Events
- Founders Plate: Saturday 2nd July 12:30pm Start
- Club Championships : Sunday 10th September 12:30pm Start
- Spring Pursuit Race : Sunday 23rd April 1pm Start
- Summer Pursuit Race : Sunday 25th June 1pm Start
- Autumn Pursuit Race : Sunday 24th September 1pm Start
- Winter Pursuit Race : Sunday 29th October 1pm Start
Sundays : Club Racing
Sundays 5th March to 22nd October
1.00pm Mass start
Sundays 29th October to 10th December :
12.30pm Mass start
Three points races are scheduled to be sailed each Sunday. These are the start times of the first race.
- Frostbite Series : 5th March – 16th April
- Spring Series : 23rd April – 11th June
- Summer Series : 25th June – 20th August
- Autumn Series : 27th August – 22nd October
- Winter Series : 29th October – 10th December
Wednesdays : Club Racing
Wednesday evenings 5th April to 6th September:
7.00pm Mass start
This is the start time of the first race.
On Wednesdays in early April, late August and September one race is scheduled to be sailed.
On Wednesdays between 26th April and 23rd August two races will be sailed ‘back to back’ provided the OOD considers conditions to be suitable.
- Equinox Series: 5th April – 21st June
- Solstice Series : 28th June – 6th September
Mix ‘n’ Match Racing
This will take place on the following dates:
Wednesday 3rd May, Sunday 21st May, Sunday 11th June, Sunday 25th June & Wednesday 5th July
Friendly Fridays are held most Fridays over the Summer/Autumn.
5th April – 13th September : Weather & Daylight dependant.
Amending the Starting Sequence
For a particular series, the Sailing Committee may choose to introduce separate starts for different fleets.
This decision will be displayed both on the Sailing Committee noticeboard in the main clubroom and here on our website before the first race of any given series and, will apply to the whole series.
Starting for any subsequent series will revert to one Mass Start unless a further notification is posted.
The notification will include which Fleet board will be used to indicate that particular fleet’s start.
All races will be dually scored to give both Class results and Handicap results with the Handicap results being the combined results from the Slow Handicap fleet and the Fast Handicap fleet. Trophies will be awarded to the All Classes’ winner (i.e. the overall series winner as calculated using the PY Handicap system) in each of the club’s various series.
Please note that our Sailing Instructions (SI 14.10) state that the club trophies for the various classes (Merlin Rocket, GP14, Topper, Solo, ICLA, etc.) will only be awarded if, at the end of each series, at least three boats have participated in at least one third of the races run in the series (rounded down).